Thursday 10 March 2011

My Reply

I think it only right that I post my replies to Midland Heart too, so you can see both sides of the argument. Well, it's not an argument, I want them to buck up their ideas & provide a GOOD service!

Dear Ms Watts

First of all, my name is Dexeter, not Dexter. Failure to pay attention is a sure sign of poor customer service.

We have not been told we need to contact Simone directly prior to my contacting her with a complaint, we have been given the number of the contact centre, which Simone herself has admitted doesn't work.

I reported that 2 of the 3 lights in the communal stairwell were not working, and I am mortified that you don't think that walking up & down 3 flights of stairs in the dark is 'not considered an emergency'.

The fact that I called and reported this issue, was given a reference number, which then, 3 days later I found out didn't exist, is my problem. If I was given a reference number, surely something should have been logged? It really is like pulling teeth with you people. You are supposedly our landlords, yet who knows what on earth we are meant to do to get in touch with anyone!

Simone told me before she was away (which I found out purely by chance when I tried to contact her via phone) that she would be writing to my partner to 'get his permission to talk to me' after I had made a complaint about Midland Hearts customer service, something that as far as I am aware, I am entitled to do. Simone never contacted Mr Jones, despite me providing her with his email address and mobile phone number. Now why on earth would she say she was going to do something & not do it?

I must say, I have no faith at all in Midland Heart, and find it terribly amusing that you continue to put up our rent & service charge, yet do not seem to adhere to your responsibilities as landlords.

We have received no mailings to say we should contact you in Simones absence, in fact, we haven't been told we should report any issues to her at all, obviously I know, because I had reason to complain in the first place, but what about the other tenants here? Please can you send out a copy of your procedures so we know what (or what not to) expect.

Are you also able to tell me what is going on regarding our complaint about the tenants at ***? I emailed a number of people yesterday, and no one has seen fit to tell me what they are doing about this matter. I am pretty sure that as tenants we have the right to live in peace and not be disturbed by thoughtless, disrespectful and violent neighbours. Especially when our flat was shown to us on the basis that *** was for 'young professionals'. Funny really, because when my mother (a proffessional) asked i you would rent to her, you said no, yet you seem to have let anyone live here since then.

Never have I experienced any problems like this with a landlord, it seems as though you are more than happy to take our money, but when it actually comes to doing what you are meant to do, you don't want to know.

I look forward to your reply

Katie Dexeter

P.S. When sending a copy of your 'procedures' please could you enclose a copy of your official complaints procedure.

1 comment: